In this article, I will guide you to check if your Windows and PC are compatible with 64-bit. Also, I will show you How to Upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit version of Windows 10. Windows 10 can be run on both 32-bit and 64 bit. First, we got to make sure that your PC can 64-bit because most people say while installation they cannot select 64-bit. That is because your PC can’t support. So that why first I’m going to show you how to check if your computer is compatible with 64-bit. The 64-bit processor can access more than 4GB RAM, if your computer has more than 4GB RAM, like 16 GB. It’s better for you to have a 64-bit processor. And this bit can run any software while 32 mostly stuck in it.
How to Check if Windows 10 Supports 64-bit With Your PC
If you are thinking of upgrading your processor without knowing that your computer is compatible with it or not. then I suggest you follow the following steps to check if Windows 10 supports 64-bit with your PC because if your computer does not support then your whole work may be for nothing.
1. Click to open Start Menu.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Then click on System.
4. Scroll down and find About.
To check under the Device Specifications, you will see System Type. If it’s written 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor then your computer is already running 64-bit processor. Also if it says 32-bit operating system, x86-based processor then your computer does not support the 64-bit processor. Finally, if it says 32-bit operating system, x64-based processor then your PC is running 32-bit on a 64-bit processor and you are able to change your Windows 10 from 32-bit version to 64-bit.
Once you check all that, Also check your Installed RAM, the minimum required RAM is 2GB. Therefore, I suggest that your Installed RAM should be at least 4GB.
Mine already running 64-bit processor with 4GB RAM as you can see.
How to Upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit version of Windows 10
You must do the following step-by-step to do perform a clean installation of Windows 10. You need to create USB Bootable Media using Media Creation Tool. Moreover, you need a USB flash containing at least 4GB or more of free space.
Creating Installation Media
Follow these steps:
1. Go to Microsoft Windows 10 official page.
2. Connect USB flash drive to Your Computer.
3. Here, click on the Download Tool Now button to download Meia Creation Tool.
You can see it under Create Windows 10 installation media.
4. Now run the installation package.
5. Accept the terms.
6. Click and Select the Create Installational Media for Another PC option.
7. Hit the Next.
8. Undo the Use the recommended options for this PC.
9. Now make to select (x64) 64-bit architecture, select your language and Windows edition.
10. Then Next.
11. Then select the USB flash drive option.
12. Then Next.
13. Select the removable drive from list to create the bootable media.
14. Then Next.
15. Finally, click on Finish.
There you go, now just let the required files to download and it will create the bootable media which will be compatible with Windows 10 64-bit.
Installing 32-bit to 64-bit Windows 10
1. Connect the USB drive to your PC and Restart your PC to start the installation of Windows 10 64-bit.
2. Then Next.
3. Then hit Install Now.
4. Skip typing the product key.
We are skipping the product key because we are upgrading our windows from 32-bit to 64-bit but you have to enter the product key if it’s your first time installing the Windows 10.
5. Accept the license terms and conditions.
6. Select Install Windows only (advanced) on Custom.
7. Now do the partition select and delete usually: Drive 0 Partition 1 and Drive 0 Partition 2.
8. Select Drive 0 Unallocated Space.
9. Then Next.
Do the instructions to install Windows 10 64-bit. finally, it will install on your PC. after it’s done go to Windows Update to check for updates and install the updates.
Conclusion: That’s all folks, that’s how you can How to Upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit version of Windows 10. As I said do the step-by-step to get perfect result. Also, If you have any question regarding this topic let me know in the comment section.