Microsoft Windows 10 is surely the most advanced and used operating system in the world. According to a report, there are around 90% Windows users around the world to 9% users of Mac. That’s a huge number if you compare both Windows and Mac computers. However, I’m not here to compare the two amazing operating systems. There are many advantages of both systems like Mac has an advanced security system which makes it protected from any kind of threat. Further, Mac users know that you can do more tip and tricks with Windows. But spending on two operating while you can’t carry both of them all the time is a waste of money. Therefore in this article, I will show you How to Install Windows 10 on macOS on VirtualBox. After reading this you will be able to use two operating systems on your current Mac computer.
This will be very useful if you are trying to save time or can’t reboot every time. Installing Windows 10 on Mac is easy as you would install any other software. Moreover, you will get a great experience from doing this therefore you will learn something new. If you take Windows then there’s no reason not use it. For me, Windows 10 works out of this world because personally when I use software from Adobe. Then there no option then Window because it offers much more than Mac.
Mac is also a great operating system which provides security and privacy to your system. Other than security and privacy Mac offers amazing features and functions which can make a huge difference in your views on computers. For instance, on Mac without your permission, no one can install or travel your data from Mac to another operating system.
Install Windows 10 on macOS on VirtualBox
If you use computer then there’s no way you can say you haven’t used any Windows operating system. From Windows XP, Microsoft has developed all the way to Windows 7, 8, 8.1 to the latest Windows 10. People around the world use Windows because of many reasons. It’s very easy to learn everything about Windows and moreover, you can easily install and play any game on this operating system. Therefore, it requires you nothing you just need to download the game and install it. And if you want any other software then the process will be the same. So if you own Mac computer then why not this Windows 10 on it. Your Mac computer will become two in one where you can do anything through virtualization.
The method for installing Windows 10 on macOS is easy but you have to do easy step which I guide you. There are some requirements which you have to fulfill in order to start the installation. Below I will also give you the requirements in detail so that you can see if your device meets the requirements. To install Windows on Mac you are going to do that with the help of third-party software which is VirtualBox. VirtualBox is a virtual machine software with which you can install and use two operating systems on one computer.
After that, if you have seen our articles on Installing macOS on Windows. Then you know that you need ISO image of Windows 10 to install it on Mac. However, if you are interested in installing Mac on Windows then check these articles.
- How to Install macOS Mojave on VMware on Windows
- Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows
- How to Install macOS Catalina on VMware on Windows
Windows 10 on Mac System Requirements
1. Processor: Minimum requires 1 gigahertz (GHz) But more than 1 is better for performance
2. RAM: The options for RAM depends on your macOS. So if you have a Mac which runs 32-Bit then you need 2 Gigabyte (GB) and If you have a Mac which runs on 64-Bit then you need at least 4 Gigabyte (GB). Moreover, you got two different bit rate so make sure to check yours.
3. Free Space: If you prefer better performance then you should have free hard disk space for at least 50 GB.
4. Graphics Card: Just like all requirements you more you have the performance you will get. So you need Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics with WDDM driver.
As you know that everybody uses Windows 10 on Mac for their own reasons. In addition to that, you should know that it’s for education purpose so that you could learn something some this. Moreover, if your Mac meets the requirements which I have listed for you in this section then you are good to install it on your Mac. However, if your system doesn’t meet the important features then please upgrade your Mac.
Thus if your Mac doesn’t come short in requirements than whatever you do to install Windows 10 on your Mac. Eventually, you will fail so in order to successfully make sure your Mac has all the system requirements for Mac.
Windows 10 on macOS Requirements for VirtualBox
1. First of all, go to VirtualBox official site and download the software from there and install it.
2. After that, go to the Microsoft website to download the original ISO Image for Windows 10. Which is for free downloadable just like VirtualBox.
3. The minimum required hard disk space for installing Windows on VirtualBox is 8GB. However, I recommend you get more free space for better performance.
4. The better CPU and RAM you have on your Mac the better Windows 10 will work on your VirtualBox.
Install VirtualBox on macOS
In order to start the installation of Windows 10 on Mac, you need to install VirtualBox first. Therefore, click on the link of VB I have provided you above and download it. After that, you are going to install it on your Mac and it is easy as you would install any software on Mac or Windows. So let’s get started by clicking on the download package of Windows. You will get the pkg file where downloaded files are located on Mac.
1. Now that you have downloaded the pkg file, therefore, double-click on it to open.
2. After that, you will get a pop-up window which says This package will run a program to determine if the software can be installed. Moreover a brief message. Thus click on Continue however if you don’t get the same message then you are doing it wrong.
3. You will at Introduction step, therefore, click on Continue.
4. Another pop-up will comes with Installer is trying to install new software. Further, enter your username and password and press the Install Software button.
5. It will take a couple of seconds until it’s done with writing files.
6. You will get another pop-up of System Extension Blocked. Therefore, click on Open security preferences to open up security and privacy.
7. After that on the next window click on the Allow button at the bottom of the page. Once you click on it then you will unlock the System Extension for Orcale America, Inc which was blocked from loading.
Create a New Virtual Machine on macOS
Now that you have installed VirtualBox on your Mac, therefore, go ahead and open it.
When VB open then you will see the New button from the menu. Therefore, click on it to create a new virtual machine.
In this step, you will be asked to enter the Name and Operating system then Continue.
- Name: Enter the name for your Windows. For example, Windows 10
- Machine Folder: Select a location or leave it as default
- Type: Choose your virtual machine type as I have Microsoft Windows
- Version: For the version choose Windows 10 (64-bit) but you can choose the 32-bit if you want that.
Now you will be required to select a Hard Disk. Thus you will get three options where you are going to select the second one and click on Create.
- Create a virtual hard disk now
Then you are going to select a Hard Disk file type. You will have three option and you are going to select the first option.
- VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image)
From Storage on the physical hard disk, there will be two options which you will select is the first one.
- Dynamically allocated
After that, you need to select the number of gigabytes you want to virtual hard disk have. Once you have selected the amount then on your virtual machine you will be able to use the same amount of space. Once you have select your space then click on Create.
Edit Virtual Machine Settings
You just created a virtual machine on Mac for Windows 10. So if you want to have a customized setting for it then now you need to Edit Virtual Machine Settings. Select your Windows 10 and click on Settings from the menu.
In this step, you will be redirected to a new window of settings. Therefore, from menu select System and here you are going to increase CPU processor from 1 to 3 processors.
After that, click on Storage and select Empty. In addition to that click on Disk icon from the right and select Choose Virtual Optical Disk File.
A new window will open up, therefore, click on Open and insert the Window 10 IOS Image which you downloaded.
Once you have the ISO for installation then click on Ok for saving settings.
After that, everything will be set for you Windows 10 installation on macOS on VirtualBox. Now you just need to install Windows 10, the installation process is the same as you would have done if you have used Window before. Therefore, if you don’t know then here are a simple way to install Windows on macOS.
Install Windows 10 on macOS on VirtualBox
As you are about to begin the installation of Windows then follow these steps. On VirtualBox select Windows 10 and click on Start from the menu. Further, that you clicked on Start you Windows 10 startup for the installation. Let’s get ready to install Windows 10 on macOS.
Your installation is ready therefore select the following settings from the first page.
- Language to Install: English (United States)
- Time and Currency Format: English (United States)
- Keyboard or input method: US
After that click on Install Now.
In this step, choose the version for your Windows 10. For instance, Windows 10 Pro is the best version of Windows, in my opinion, therefore, select it and click on Next.
Read the terms and conditions, after that check on I agree the license terms then click on Next.
Then from two options, select Custom: Install Windows only (Advanced).
From custom settings, there’s nothing you should make a change or create another disk. Therefore, just click on Next.
Your installation will start shortly, therefore, wait until it completes. Then do some settings before your Windows 10 starts.
- If you have the product key then enter it or buy it from Microsoft. However, if you don’t have it then simply click on Do this Later.
- Select Express Settings
- Skip creating an account by clicking on Skip this step.
- Enter your Name and skip password if you want when you are on the page of Create an account for this PC. After that click Next.
There you go you have just successfully learned how to install Windows 10 on macOS with VirtualBox. Go ahead and start exploring Windows 10.
Congratulations! you have done it successfully without any errors. That’s all for now about How to Install Windows 10 on macOS on VirtualBox. This is easiest way to install Windows 10 with VirtualBox on Mac. If you have followed the step-by-step then I’m sure you didn’t face any problem. This looks lengthy but if you do it right then It will take only a couple of minutes to be done. Moreover, with VirtualBox, you can delete any time and reinstall it and it won’t affect your operating system.
If you faced any problem or error during how to install Windows 10 on macOS then feel free to ask me in the comments. I will be glad to solve your problem and reply as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to read.