Hey! everyone welcome to another article where I will show you How to Install VMware Tools on macOS Catalina on Windows. As you know that the latest major release of Apple is out here. The new macOS Catalina is a Mac computer which is the sixteenth release of Mac. Additionally, I have already covered the installation method of it on VMware and VirtualBox which I will provide you below this article. If you don’t know how to install macOS Catalina on VMware or VirtualBox. Then I will show you a complete method of it and you will get a downloadable link for a virtual image of it. Moreover, the latest version of macOS brings a lot of new features which is quite interesting. However, after installation on VMware, you will face some errors. To fix those errors you need to install VMware Tools.
These errors can be a lot of things which can cause keyboard and mouse not working. And you may not be able to get the full resolution of your screen and many more errors like that. However, there is a solution to that and you can do it easily without any tough trick. VMware Tools are built to enable many functions of VMware by VMware Workstation. Therefore, once you install macOS 10.15 Catalina on your Windows then you should install VMware tools to solve all the problems.
If you want to use macOS Catalina on your Windows. Then the best way is to install it to do it through virtualization. In that case, once you are done with installation then you need to fix some errors where VMware tools come. So that’s the easiest way to fix them.
Install VMware Tools on macOS Catalina
So VMware Tools are designed to install it for your macOS on VMware. There are many problems of drag and drop you may face when you use Mac computers on VMware on Windows. Further, the tools will make your virtual machine smooth and you will see a better performance from your machine. So let’s install VMware Tools on macOS Catalina step-by-step.
1. Power on your macOS Catalina from VMware Workstation to get the installation ready.
2. Once you sign in your Mac. From the top of your window click on VM and select Install VMware Tools from the given options.
3. Then you will get a pop-up with two options of Install VMware Tools and Uninstall VMware Tools. Therefore, click on Install VMware Tools.
4. After that, you will get VMware Tools Installer and from there click on Continue.
5. Now you will get an option if you want to change the location of installation. However, don’t change anything just click on Install.
6. Then you will get another pop-up which asks you to enter your Username and password. Therefore, enter your password and click on Install.
7. In this step, your installation will be completed and now you can click on Restart.
System Preferences of macOS Catalina
8. Now you will get a notification that says System Extension Blocked, therefore, click on Open Security Preferences.
9. From Security and Privacy, click on lock icon at the bottom and enter your password.
10. You will be redirected to Security & Privacy and from there you should click on Allow. After that, it will ask you to restart you, Mac, therefore restart and your installation will be completed.
Remember: After restart if the System Extension Blocked comes then go to preferences and Allow again. Further, now your VM Tools should work and if it didn’t then go back and reinstall again then it will work.
- How to Install macOS Catalina on VMware on Windows
- How to Install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows 10 PC
- Download macOS Catalina VirtualBox and VMware Image
There you go! you have successfully done How to Install VMware Tools on macOS Catalina on Windows. That’s all on installing VMware Tools on macOS Catalina. You should know that for fixing the VMware errors which you get while using VMware for macOS Catalina. You will face some errors and to fix them you need to install VMware Tools which is pretty easy as you have done it.
Moreover, If you have any question regarding this topic then please let me know that in the comment section. I will be glad to help you with your problem.