Hey, In this guide, we are going to learn How to Install macOS Mojave on VMware on windows. Meanwhile, you know that macOS Mojave is one of the used systems in the world. Here not all of us can have access to it or maybe some of us like me own a PC but somehow I’m interested in using macOS Mojave. So here what I’m going to do is to install macOS Mojave on my PC. Yes, It is possible to install and use Mac on Windows but for that, you have to download some files and do some following step to get macOS Mojave on PC ready. macOS Mojave is the fifteenth significant release of Apple’s macOS preceded by macOS 10.13 High Sierra. Moreover, The fifteenth edition of macOS brings up a lot of new features which includes Dark Mode, Dynamic Desktop, Desktop Stacks, Finder, Continuity Camera, and more.
These new features really make it easy to use Mac. However, I have already made an article on the 10 best features of Mojave, make sure to check it out The 10 Best Features of macOS Mojave. Further, Although Apple prohibits to use Mac on PC. all go to virtualization software such as VirtualBox and VMware. Due to their applications, we can test macOS Mojave on our computers. There is another way to use mac on the computer and you learn here How to Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows.
Also, your HHD and SSD will be converted from HFS to APS for better performance. Let me guide you through How to Install macOS Mojave on VMware on Windows.
What Do You Need to Install macOS Mojave on VMware?
For installing Mojave on VMware on Windows, you need to download and install VMware Workstation/Player, 7zip or WinRAR mostly used worldwide, macOS Mojave 10.14 VMware Image, I will give you the download links below.
- Not less than 2 GB RAM
- Minimum 256 MB Graphic Memory
- At least 20 GB free space of Hard Disk
- Intel or AMD VT (Virtualization Technology) should be supported on your system
- Virtualization Technology (VT) should be enabled from BIOS System
- At least 2 cores the processors
Files for Download
- Download VMware Workstation Pro
- Download File macOS Mojave 10.14 Beta (1 Part)
- macOS Mojave 10.14 Beta Download Files (9 Parts download one by one)
- Download Folder Tool Patch
Step One: Extract macOS Mojave VMDK File
Now that you have downloaded the VMDK file of macOS Mojave, It is time to extract them with WinRAR or Winzip. Furthermore, you can also download any software which extracts file But I recommend you to use either WinRAR or Winzip. Here, go to download location, select the RAR file you download and right click and click on Extract Here. Then the unzipping will take at least around 5 minutes to unzip.
Reminder: The download files of 1 Part and 9 Part are basically the same. So If you have fast internet connection download 1 Part and If you have slow connection download 9 Part.
Step Two: Download and Install VMware Workstation on Windows
Now that you have downloaded VMware Workstation Pro from the link mentioned upper section. Then It’s time to install it on your Windows. First, for installation go to the location where you downloaded the setup.exe installation package.
Double click on the setup and do as you install other setup and Finish when It’s done. When It installed, close it and reopen it from Apps. Remember that you have to close the setup after it’s installed otherwise it won’t work out.
Step Three: Open Unlocker Folder & Patch VMware Workstation
Once you have installed VMware Workstation Pro on Windows, now It’s time patch it up. Here we have to remember that VMware doesn’t support macOS because of it restricts. So here we will use macOS unlocker which will allow us to unlock the mac server. Then we can easily get macOS work on VMware Workstation. If you still have not downloaded the patch tool, I have given the download link above. First, go download it and close the Vmware. Second, go to the files of the patch tool and extract it.
Now scroll down in the unlocker210 folder and you will see win-install.cmd right click on the file and Run as administrator. Then you will see a black window with codes thus it means you’ve patched VMware.
Step Four: Create a New Virtual Machine
It’s time to create a new virtual machine as we process in the installation. Then create a folder for your macOS Mojave and name it macOS Mojave installed on your desktop. Moreover, try to create it on C Drive.
1. First of all, Open the VMware workstation 15 Player and click on Create A New Virtual Machine.
2. In this step, select I will install the operating system later which also have written The virtual machine will be created with a blank hard disk and click on Next.
3. Next up you need to select the Guest Operating System. Select Apple Mac OS X from other options and let the version be macOS 10.14 then click Next.
4. Now write your virtual machine’s name like macOS Mojave 10.14 as it asks for it. Then, It will ask if you want to change the location of installation, click on Browse and go to the folder we created macOS Mojave installed and Next.
5. In this step, either let the Maximum disk size 40 GB or change it as you like 25 GB is at least recommend. Also select, Store virtual disk as a single file and Next.
6. Finally, your new virtual machine is ready, press on Finish to create a new virtual machine.
Step Five: Edit the New Virtual Machine
After creating a successful Virtual Machine, now it’s time to edit it. follow these steps to get perfect result.
1. Open VMware and select new created virtual machine macOS Mojave 10.14. Then click on Edit virtual machine settings.
2. In this step, we need to increase the memory, click on the Hardware then Memory and increase the memory from 2 GB to 4 GB. Moreover, the Memory for this virtual machine should be at 4096 MB.
3. Then click on Processors and increase the number of processor cores up to 4 which is at 2 when you first see it.
4. After that click on Hard Disk (SATA), make sure the option is selected and click on the Remove at the bottom. Furthermore, you won’t see the Hard Disk option which is nothing to worry about.
5. In this step, we are going to create a new Hard disk option after we removed the previous one. Thus, to do that click on Add then choose Hard Disk and Next. Now under Select a Disk Type menu. Select SATA (Recommended) and click on Next.
6. Here we will select the second option which says Use an existing Virtual disk (Choose this option to rescue a previously configured disk) and press Next. Then, Browse and open macOS Mojave VMDK file and Once you open the VMDK file. It will ask you If you want to Convert the existing virtual disk to newer format? then click on Keep Existing Format and click on the OK.
Step Six: Edit VMX file on macOS Mojave 10.14
In this step before we go any further, we have to edit and modify the VMX file. After that, we can run the macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware Workstation Pro. For that, we have to go to the download folder of macOS Mojave 10.14. If you are still wandering around and cannot find the folder then go to Documents>Virtual Machines. Then, select the text file and open it with notepad.
Soon as you open the text with codes on it then scroll down to the bottom of the texts. After that, you reached the bottom make space and add this code to it smc.version = “0”. Now either click on File and Save or simply Ctrl + S and close it.
Step Seven: Install macOS Mojave on VMware Workstation
1. Finally, we are in the installation process. Open your VMware virtual machine and select macOS Mojave 10.14 from Home and press on Play virtual machine.
2. Then you will get Welcome window, select your region (Try to select the United States or Australia)and click on Continue.
3. Click on Show All to show all keyboard layout from which you can choose any layout you want. Then Choose Your Keyboard and click on Continue.
4. Then you will Data & Privacy Information, try to read it before you click on Continue.
5. Next, you will be asked How you want to Transfer Information to this Mac. We will just ignore it and select the third option Don’t transfer any information now and click on Continue.
6. Then you will be asked for Apple ID, Press on Skip. Then, a pop-up will appear saying Are you sure you want to skip signing in with an Apple ID? Yes, click on Skip.
7. Now click on Agree to accept to “I have read and agree to the macOS software license agreement” and again Click on Agree.
8. In this step, fill in your Full Name, Account Name, Password, and Hint then Continue. Try to create a trustful user account so that you should not forget your account.
RELATED: How to Change the Name of Your Mac
9. Here is Express Set Up, if you want to customize click on Customize Settings otherwise we don’t need that right now. So we click on Continue.
10. Finally, you will get two options of Light Mode and Dark Mode. The dark mode is the new option of macOS Mojave. For now, we will select Light mode and press on Continue.
11. Now you have to patiently wait for few second until It set up your new macOS.
12. In the final step, you will see your macOS Mojave 10.14 installed on VMware on your Windows. Now go and explore it out.
Step Eight: Full-Screen Mode for macOS Mojave on VMware
After doing everything perfectly, once you click on to Restore button on the top right of your Window. You will realize that you are not able to full screen the macOS Mojave on VMware. Therefore follow these steps to do it and enable Full-Screen Mode for macOS Mojave on VMware. First, Download the given link below, the file name will be VM Tool (NEW).ios.
1. First, click on Player on the top left of your Window then Choose Removable Devices>CD/DVD (SATA)>Settings.
2. Once you are in settings, click on the Use ISO image file and Browse the VMware Full-Screen Tool you download and Open then OK. Again go to the Player and choose Removable Devices>CD/DVD (SATA)>Connect.
3. Then, you will get a pop-up of VMware Tools, click on Install VMware Tools then Continue>Install>Continue Installation>Enter Your ID and Install Software>Restart.
4. The installation should be done but if it asks for System Extension Blocked. Then, press on Open Security Preferences and click on Allow > Close Window and Restart. Once the Window restarted then again click on the pop-up of VMware Tools and click on Open Security Preferences>Allow and close the window. Finally, repeat step 3 and now it works.
As it stands, we have successfully learned How to Install macOS Mojave on VMware on Windows. For this process of installation of macOS Mojave on VMware on Windows, I recommend you have at least 6GB or more of RAM for better performance. Moreover, for safety Please backup your data and in case of anything goes so you can have back up of your data. Also, if you have any question or stuck at any step then let me know in the comment section. I will reply as soon as possible. It’s an easy guide step by step. Thanks for reading, visit our site for more article related to this topic.