If you have ever visited our site then you probably know that we cover the important topics on macOS. Therefore in this article, we will discuss what is Coffee Lake PC Build and most importantly how to install macOS Mojave on Coffee Lake PC Build. Coffee Lake PC Build is a product of Intel and it was released for public in 2018 and came into four generations. Moreover, it’s not the PC that everyone can use because it’s a very high performing PC. Additionally, its begin used for gaming, high-end projects, and workstation. Therefore, it’s fair to say not anyone can afford the Coffee Lake PC build. In this case, comparing to other operating systems, it very expensive right now. Coffee Lake PC Build is the codename for Intel. In that case, I will guide you on the installation of macOS Mojave on Coffee Lake PC Build.
macOS Mojave was released in 2018 as well and it’s one of the most interesting major products of Apple. You will learn an easy way of installation on Coffee Lake PC Build. Additionally, its the PC that you can build with the support of high-end RAM, Processors, Optional Motherboard and Graphic cards. You can install macOS Mojave on this PC and you will get great results by using it.
Even though Apple has their latest operating system that is macOS Catalina. So far users prefer using the old macOS Mojave. Therefore, it’s much more reliable to use with the latest operating systems. There will be many upgrades in the CPU of Intel Core if you have ever used it before. In that case, let’s start with what you need for installation and how to use them to get the perfect installation.
Create a Bootable USB Drive for Coffee Lake
There are some post-installation that you need therefore you have to create a bootable USB drive for Coffee Lake. As well you know that before any installation of the operating system. You need to create a bootable USB drive. It’s easy to create a bootable USB drive and below you will learn how to do it. However, before you start creating bootable USB, you have to download some important files including the macOS Mojave DMG file. So here are the requirements you need to download.
Here’s a simple method to create a Bootable USB drive for macOS 10.14 Mojave. Furthermore, you are required to have at least a 32 GB USB and the minimum requirement is 16 GB.
Step 1. First of all, connect your USB drive to your PC.
Step 2. From the top of your screen, you have the menu. Therefore, click on Go and from the list click on the Utilities from the bottom of the list.
Step 3. Now select the fourth option of Disk Utility.
Step 4. In this step, you are going to format the USB Drive. Now from the left side of your screen the USB your want to format.
Step 5. Now you have to do the following:
- Name: USB
- Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
- Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Step 6. After that, click on Erase and when your USB is formatted then press on Done and close.
Step 7. In this step, go ahead and launch Spotlight search and search for Terminal. When you see the Terminal then click on enter to open it.
Step 8. Once the Terminal is opened then copy the following code and paste it into Terminal and Enter. Then it will ask for confirmation and press on Y key from the keyboard. Further, it’s going to take a few minutes to complete.
sudo /Applications/install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia -- Volume \Volumes/USB
Step 9. After that, you are required to have Pre-configured EFI and do the following.
- Head over to folder of post-install and there launch Clover configuration.
- You can see Mount EFI on the left of your screen, therefore, click on it.
- From the bottom of your window, you have EFI on install macOS Mojave, therefore, press on Mount Partition.
- Now type in your Username, Password>Ok and you will have your USB drive mounted.
- On your desktop, you will get a folder after you Mount your USB drive.
- After that, in your new folder of EFI of USB drive copy and paste Pre-configured EFI.
Create Post-Installation USB Drive
- Now that you have created a new bootable USB drive then it’s time to create Post-Installation USB drive. For which you need another USB drive.
- Firstly, Insert the USB drive to your computer. Then copy and paste the file of post-installation in your USB drive.
- Head over to Go from the top menu and choose Disk Utilities from the list.
- Then select the last option of Disk Utility.
- On the left side of your window, select the USB drive and press on Erase from the dialog box. Then your USB drive will be formatted and press on Done.
Edit & Configure BIOS Settings
If you want to install macOS Mojave on your Coffee Lake PC without any errors. Then you are going to edit and configure BIOS settings to get ready for installation. Further, it works for dual boots and if you want to install macOS on any operating system. Therefore, editing BIOS settings is a must thing to do. However, if you skip this step then you won’t be able to install macOS Mojave on your Coffee Lake PC. In that case, let’s edit and Configure BIOS Settings.
Step 1. Firstly, restart your PC and when Coffee Lake is about to start to click on the BIOS button on the keyboard. After that, head over to the Save & Exit tab and down below choose and click on YES on Load Optimized Defaults.
Step 2. Navigate to the Save & Exit tab. Then click on Yes and your Coffee Lake PC will have another restart.
Step 3. In addition, when your PC restarts then click on the BIOS key again. After that, head over to M.I.T from the menu and choose Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) then hit Enter to choose Profile1.
Step 4. In this step, go to the BIOS tab and move down. Then choose Fast Boot, click on Enter key and Disabled it.
Step 5. From the BIOS tab, choose Mouse Speed this time and change it to 2X.
Step 6. Again from the same tab of BIOS, go down further on the section of CSM Support and click on CSM Support and Enable it.
Step 7. Down to CSM Support, you can see LAN PXE Boot Option ROM. Therefore, select it and Enter to Disabled it.
Step 8. In this step, select Storage Boot Option Control and enter to choose UEFI.
Step 9. After that, down to Storage Boot Option Control, select Other PCI devices. Enter from your keyboard and select UEFI.
Step 10. Now head over to the Peripherals tab from the menu. Then select Initial Display Output and enter on it to choose PC1e 1Slot from the given options.
Step 11. Select Intel platform trust Technology (PTT) from the list and hit enter to choose Disabled.
Peripherals – Network Stack Configuration
Step 12. Furthermore, choose Network Stack Configuration and hit the enter key.
Step 13. In addition to that, you have only one option of Network Stack. Therefore, select it and hit Enter to Disabled.
Step 14. After that, select Legacy USB Support and enter to Disabled it.
Step 15. Here select the second option of XHCI Hand-off from the list. Then press on the Enter key and Disabled it.
Step 16. Then from the list choose SATA And RST Configuration and click on the Enter key.
Step 17. From the menu of SATA And RST Configuration, you have to choose SATA Controller(S). Then click on Enter to Enabled it.
Step 18. Head over to the Chipset tab and from the list choose VT-d. Now click on Enter key to Disabled it.
Step 19. In this step, choose Internal Graphics from the list. After that, select Auto from the given options.
Step 20. Congratulations! you have completing edited BIOS settings. Now move on to Save & Exit tab and save all your work in BIOS settings.
Install macOS Mojave on Coffee Lake PC Build
Since you have finished creating both USB drives for installation and post-installation. Then you edit and configure BIOS settings. Finally, now you are ready to start installing macOS Mojave on Coffee Lake PC. However, to make sure that you follow each step along with me. If you miss out on anything then you are going to install any operating system on your Coffee Lake PC Build. It’s one of the main things that Coffee Lake PC Build contains. So let’s start the installation process.
Step 1. Insert your USB drive, the bootable to your Coffee Lake PC Build and restart your PC. After that, click on boot key and boot macOS Mojave from your USB drive to start the installation.
Step 2. Now you will be at Clover Boot Manager, you are going to boot macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave by entering.
Step 3. Codes will run on your screen and you have to wait until it’s complete.
Step 4. In that case, your codes will be gone and you will at macOS Utilities. Now you have to choose Disk Utility and click on Continue.
Step 5. From the top of your screen, click on View and choose Show All Devices from the list.
Step 6. Additionally, now you will get your drive and do the following settings.
- Name: (Machintosh HD) Whatever you prefer
- Format: APFS
- Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Once the settings are done then click on Erase. When your format completes then click on Done.
Step 7. After that, from macOS Utilities click on Install macOS.
Step 8. In that case, for setting up the installing, press on Continue.
Step 9. As I always recommend users to read the terms and conditions therefore first read then agree to terms and conditions. After that, you will have another dialog box that you’ve to agree as well.
Step 10. Finally, select the main drive where you want macOS Mojave to be installed.
Installation of macOS Mojave on Coffee Lake PC Build
- Once that’s done then your Coffe Lake PC will get another restart.
- While starting up, click on boot key and from bootable USB choose macOS Mojave to boot.
- Now from Machintosh HD (The Drive that you formatted previously), choose macOS Mojave to be installed.
- Codes will run on your screen, therefore, wait until it completes.
- Soon Apple Logo will appear on your screen.
- This your PC will have another restart and while it turns on click on Boot key.
- After that, from Machintosh HD, choose Boot macOS and hit enter.
- Codes will run on your screen wait until completes.
How to Install macOS Mojave
From the Welcome screen, select your region and Continue.
After that, select your Keyboard language and Continue.
You don’t need to connect the Internet, therefore, choose my computer doesn’t connect to the internet.
Read the Data & Privacy then Continue.
For starter, you don’t have to transfer your data, therefore, choose Don’t transfer any information right now.
Read terms and conditions then Continue.
You can create a computer account for your new macOS Mojave.
Click on Continue from Express set up.
Choose the theme look you want for your PC.
Finally, wait for setting up your Mac and when it’s done then you are good to use your new macOS Mojave on Coffee Lake PC Build.
- Download macOS Catalina DMG File and install on PC-Hackintosh
- Update macOS Catalina in Virtual Machines to Latest Version
- How to Use Sidecar in macOS Catalina 10.15
Post-Installation of Coffee Lake PC Build
- Now it’s time to install the post-installation of macOS Mojave on Coffee Lake PC Build. Therefore, connect the post-installation USB to your PC. Further, copy the folder of post-installation and fixes on your desktop.
- After that, you can remove your USB from Coffee Lake PC.
- Here you’re going to open the folder of post-install and head over to Clover configurator and open that.
- In this step, you’re going to mount the EFI partition of USB drive and the drive of the system. There will be a new folder on your desktop once the mounted the partition EFI.
- Then you’re going to delete the EFI folder from the drive system. In order to do that, open the USB drive’s EFI partition.
- After that, head over USB drive’s EFI Partition. There you’re going to copy the EFI folder in the system drive.
- In this case, you’re going to install the drivers, RealTek Audio, ethernet, Kext Utility and Move the VoodooHDA to Kext Utility.
- Since you’ve successfully installed the drivers. You can go and give your PC a reboot. Then you can check that all your settings work and then enjoy your new macOS Mojave on Coffee Lake PC Build.
So you have done it and that’s it for how to Install macOS Mojave on Coffee Lake PC Build. Although, If you didn’t understand anything from this article then let me know in the comment section below. If you learned something here then share this with your friends.