Today I will show you that you can install the Mac operating system on a laptop by ASUS. Moreover, macOS Mojave is one of the best-operating systems by Apple. It has some amazing ability that everyone expected from Apple’s major release. It was announced and released at WWDC back in 2018. However, it was worth the wait and even after the latest release of the macOS Catalina operating the system by Apple. But still, Mojave is still worth a try and use. Mac operating system is designed for Mac computers. However, you can still install and use it on another OS. Therefore in this post, I will show you How to Install macOS Mojave on ASUS Laptop. I’m sure that if you are looking for a platform where you can get all these step-by-step methods of installation.
As of now, macOS Mojave is surely complete and you will not get any further updates for it. In this case, you will prefer it over other operating systems due to many reasons. For instance, with better security, you can use macOS Mojave safely. Additionally, one of the main features which were introduced to the Mac computer was Dark Mode with Mojave. Therefore, macOS Mojave’s Dark Mode was a big game-changer for the Mac computer. And It’s my favorite feature of Mojave and you would like many more features. I have already covered the topics on How to install macOS Mojave on VMware Workstation or VirtualBox. Or how you can download DMG File of it and then install it. Now it’s time to show the method of how to install macOS Mojave on ASUS Laptop.
How to Install macOS Mojave on ASUS Laptop
After that, you have learned how macOS Mojave works and other information about it. Then now you have to meet some requirements in order to install macOS Mojave on ASUS Laptop. You don’t have to worry about that because I will provide you the order to do it. For instance, how to download macOS Mojave DMG File, creating bootable USB for macOS Mojave installation and Post-installation. And here are what you need for post-installation:
- Clover Configurator Download
- DPCImanager Download
- Kext Utility Download
- IOregisteryexplorer Download
- MaciASL Download
There you download all the post-installation material. Further, you can download a macOS Mojave dmg file from the official website of Apple however you will need a developer account for that. If you don’t have a developer account then you can easily download the macOS Mojave DMG file from the given link below. It’s free and you don’t extra features to download it.
Create Bootable USB for macOS Mojave
To create bootable USB for macOS Mojave you can go different ways. However, in this method, I will guide you using Disk Utility for creating bootable USB for macOS Mojave. As you know that Disk Utility is a tool that is available in Mac computers. You can create bootable USB for macOS Mojave on your Windows PC and It really easy to do that. The following are the method for creating USB for macOS Mojave
- First of All, the USB should be at least 32 GB then insert the USB to your computer.
- From the menu click on Go and select Disk Utilities.
- Choose Disk Utility after the launch of Disk Utilities.
- Select your USB drive from the left of your window.
- Now erase it by clicking on the Erase button. Then give it a Name, Choose Format Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for Format, Scheme GUID partition Map for Scheme and then click on Erase. Then your USB drive will be formatted.
- Once the USB drive is completed erase then click on Done.
Now do the second Part.
- In addition, click on the terminal of the right-handed and press on the search spotlight.
- After that, search for Terminal and launch it.
- Now copy the below code and paste it in Terminal.
- Enter your password and type in “Y” to confirm.
Mount USB Partition
- Since your bootable USB for macOS Mojave is created therefore one last piece is remaining to be connected. This is where the Clover configurator comes in to mount the partition of your USB. Therefore, when you downloaded the clover configurator from the given link above. Then install it and mount the partition of your USB drive. If you don’t do this step then you will not be able to boot macOS Mojave on your ASUS Laptop.
- After the installation of the Clover configurator, launch it and choose the macOS Mojave USB drive. After that, click on Mount partition and Enter your password.
- The EFI folder will be on your desktop once the mounting of the USB drive completes.
- After that, close both clover configuration and post-install folder.
- In this step, open the folder of partition then copy the Pre EFI file in new mounted USB.
- Remove the USB from your computer.
USB drive for Post-installation
Once you install then you are going for post-installation. Therefore, it’s one of the important steps to create a USB drive for Post-installation. It requires another USB drive to create it, therefore, you have to just put some files in your USB. Moreover, when you finish the installation of macOS then you will insert this USB for post-installation. I will guide you in order to successfully install it for your macOS.
- Connect the post-installation USB into your operating system and your files will automatically pop-up.
- After that, from the top of your screen choose Go and Disk Utilities.
- You can now select Disk Utility from the Disk Utilities screen.
- On your left-window you can see the USB for post-Installation, therefore, you have to select it from there.
- You are going to create a partition now. After that, select the USB and click on Erase. Then give it a Name, Choose Format Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for Format, Scheme GUID partition Map for Scheme and then click on Erase. Once the USB is done erasing then click on Done.
- Now that you have your USB ready for post-installation. Therefore, go ahead and copy, paste all of your important files into it.
Customize & Edit BIOS Settings of ASUS Laptop
It’s a totally different method of installing macOS on another operating system. Therefore, you have to change or edit some of the BIOS settings in order to get ready for installation. To install it on the ASUS laptop, you have to follow this step carefully otherwise you may get an error during installation.
In that case, restart your ASUS computer and press the BIOS key from your keyboard. Then you will get to Save & Exit and from there click on Enter button and again click on Enter to confirm.
In this step, select Save Changes and click on Enter to confirm.
- Furthermore, head back to Save & Exit and click on Enter to restart your system.
Once your computer is about to start then click on the BIOS key. In this case, from the menu click on Advanced and from menu select VT-d and disabled it.
After that, select Tools from the menu, click on Fast Boot and disable that as well.
Now from the menu select Security and from options select secure boot and enter.
Further, you will go to the secure boot menu, there select Key management and enter.
There select Platform key(PK) and press the enter key. After that, select Eraser option > hit enter and once press enter to confirm it.
Once you select the platform then head back to select secure boot control. Press enter and disable it.
From the menu, select Save & Exit and there select Save Changes and press enter. Once again press enter to confirm it.
Perform a Clean Installation of macOS Mojave on ASUS Laptop
You are about to perform a clean installation of macOS Mojave 10.14 on the ASUS Laptop. Moreover, you have already created a bootable USB drive for the installation. Therefore, now restart your system and insert the bootable USB drive into your computer.
Step 1. Connect USB to your computer and restart it. Further, while starting click on boot key and boot macOS Mojave from the bootable USB drive.
Step 2. Let some code run and black screen go away.
Step 3. Once you get to clover boot manager then choose Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave and hit the enter key.
Step 4. Let some code run and black screen go away.
Step 5. Wait until the Apple Logo screen loads up.
Erase the Disk for macOS Mojave
Step 6. Once the Apple logo screen loads up then you will be at macOS Utilities. Therefore, you are going to select Disk Utility to create a partition.
Step 7. After that, select View from the top menu and choose Show All Devices.
Step 8. Now you get all your devices, therefore, you are going to select a specif drive to install macOS Mojave. Once you select it then click on Erase and Then give it a Name, Choose APFS for Format, Scheme GUID partition Map for Scheme and then click on Erase. You will have a drive ready for the installation therefore once it’s done click Done.
Step 9. You will be back to Disk Utilities and all you have to do is choose Install macOS and click on Continue.
Step 10. For setting up the installation click on Continue.
Step 11. Read the license agreement of the macOS Mojave before installing it. After that, press on Agree and again agree to the pop-up appears.
Step 12. In this step, your new macOS Mojave is going to be installed in that drive which you formatted. Further, it’s going to take a while until it finishes.
Step 13. You will get a restart once the installation is done. Press boot key once it’s restarting and boot Mojave from USB. From the clover, boot manager boot macOS Mojave from Macintosh HD.
- Wait until those codes run.
- You have to be patent until the installation completes and your computer restarts.
- Once your restart press boot key and boot macOS Mojave from Macintosh HD.
Last Step of installation process of macOS Mojave on ASUS laptop
Step 14. You will be redirected to the Welcome screen. Therefore, select your country and continue.
Step 15. Now choose your keyboard and continue.
Step 16. After that, choose the third option of My computer does not connect to the internet and Continue.
Step 17. Read the Data & Privacy and then continue.
Step 18. Further, select Don’t transfer any information now and continue.
Step 19. Read the license agreement about your new macOS Mojave and press continue and again continue.
Step 20. In this step, go ahead and create a computer account by filling in Full name, Account name, Password, and Hint then hit continue.
Step 21. Once you get to Express set up then just click on continue.
Step 22. It’s one final thing to do is that you have to choose which theme you want for your macOS Mojave. Once you select either Light Mode or Dark Mode then just click on continue.
Post-installation of macOS Mojave
So you have just the installation of macOS Mojave. Furthermore, in this section, you are going to fix all the drivers with the help of the post-installation USB drive that you made earlier. Therefore follow the following in order to fix them.
- Connect your USB to your computer which you created earlier for post-installation. Somehow if it doesn’t show then you have to check the boxes from Finder>Perefernces.
- Hard disks
- External Disks
- CDs, DVDs, and iPods
- Connected servers
- Once you marked the boxes automatically the connected devices will appear.
- Now go to that USB and copy all the post-installation files and paste it on your desktop.
- In this step, open the post-installation and Colver configurator.
- From the left of your window select Mount EFI and mount the partition of your drive. Now press on the Mount partition and enter your password.
- Once you are done with mounting the partition the partition will be mounted separately on the desktop.
- Open up the EFI Partition, right>click on the EFI and move that into the trash.
- Open the post EFI folder, copy the EFI folder and paste to partition of the system drive.
- With this step, it will be easy to install the boot loader.
After that, launch Kext Utility and enter your password and wait until it completes.
- Drag VoodooHDA to Kext Utility and enter your password.
- Once the installation is done then check the setting of your computer.
You can check the other related articles:
- How to install macOS Mojave on Hackintosh using the Clover
- Download MacOS Mojave dmg File and Install on PC
- How to Create Bootable USB for macOS Mojave on Windows 10?
That’s all for How to Install macOS Mojave on ASUS Laptop. If you faced any problem then please let me know in the comment section. I hope you have gotten something from this article.