This year at WWDC online, Apple announced their brand new operating system macOS Big Sur. In this article, I will guide you on How to Install macOS Big Sur on VMware on Windows 10. Due to the ongoing pandemic, Apple couldn’t organize its event as usual. Therefore, Apple was streamed online. You can’t still check out the WWDC (Worldwide Developers conference) 2020 on Youtube.
Along with Apple’s Big Sur, they announced a bunch of new Apple devices. I will give a full guide on what was announced during the event. The full version of macOS Big Sur is out now and can be installed on Mac computers. If you were looking to Install macOS Big Sur on VMware on Windows 10. Then you are on the right platform because you will learn them step by step from this post.
Apple operating system is usually great but with each new update. Mac OS takes the stake a little bit higher and with Mac OS Big Sur. It sure to say that it is one of the best-operating systems. Since you’re here then you would love to use and earn macOS Big Sur but you couldn’t. Don’t worry because it’s easy How to install macOS Big Sur and use with on any operating system.
If you’re a Windows operating system and want to install macOS Big Sur on it. Then you can do it through virtualization. There are different virtual machines but VMware tops all of them.
Install macOS Big Sur on VMware on Windows 10
During the online event of Apple WWDC 2020, Apple revealed what they had been working on last year. Surprisingly the stuff Apple announced was quite awesome. The new iPhone 12 to macOS Big Sur, and update to iOS. Other that were announced during the event was iOS and iPadOS 14, macOS Big Sur (the final macOS version 11!), watchOS 7, and tvOS 14, as well as a few other software updates like improvements to AirPods and AirPods Pro.
Step 1: Download Requirements
In order to install macOS Big Sur on VMware on Windows PC. Then before that, you would’ve to download a few required files for the clean installation. For instance, back in the back, you’d need a CD to perform an installation. However, now you are going to download a few files and I will show you the easy method of installing macOS Big Sur on VMware.
The most important file you’ve to download is the macOS Big Sur ISO file. You can download it from the Apple developer’s account but I’m going to make the work easy. Therefore, I already have the macOS Big Sur ISO ready for you, all you’ve to download it from below.
- How to Download macOS Big Sur Torrent Image
- Download VMware Workstation Pro & Player for Windows
- Download macOS Unlocker
Step 2: Install VMware on Your PC
In this step, you will have to download VMware from the given link above. Once your downloading finishes then you will be going to install it. For instance, I will walk you through the installation of VMware on your Windows 10 PC.
- First off, you will have to find the installation package of VMware. Therefore, It must in the download folder of your PC. Find it and double-click to launch the installation package.
- Next up on the welcome screen click on Next.
- I will recommend you to read the Terms and Conditions of VMware on the next screen. Once you read it then click on Next.
- By default, the location for the installation of VMware might be C Drive on your windows. However, you can select a location on your Windows and click Next.
- Again Next when you get to the User Experience screen. You will be asked again to click on Next.
- Once you set up the settings then your installation must be ready therefore click on Install to get VMware on your PC.
- Finally, when the installation completes then click on Finish.
Step 3: Install macOS Unlocker on VMware
When you launch VMware for the first time. Then you will see that there’s no option for installation a macOS operating system on VMware. Therefore in this step, we will be installing macOS unlocker on VMware so that you will be able to install macOS operating system on your PC. Furthermore, you will be able to install any macOS computer that you desire on your PC.
- In this step, when you download macOS Unlocker. Then open the folder of macOS Unlocker and right-click on the Win-Install file and click on Run as Administrator.
- Now the installation of the macOS Unlocker will be starting so you have to wait for a couple of seconds until it finishes. The command prompt will automatically close once the installation finishes.
Step 4: Create a Virtual Machine for macOS Big Sur
It’s time to create a virtual machine for macOS Big Sur. Since you’ve installed the macOS unlocker then you can see the macOS option available on VMware. Follow the following in order to create a separate virtual machine for your macOS Big Sur.
- Launch VMware and you will see 3 options “Create a New Virtual Machine” “Open a Virtual Machine” and “Connect to a Remote Server. All you need is to click on Create a New Virtual Machine.
- Now you will get to “Welcome to the New Virtual Machine Wizard”. Now you will have to click on “Typical (recommended)” Create a Workstation 15.x virtual machine in a few easy steps and then click on Next.
- In this step, on the screen of “Guest Operating System Installation” select the last option of “I will install an operating system later” (The virtual machine will be created with a blank hard disk) and click on Next.
- After that, select Mac OS X for the guest operating system and 10.16 for the version then click on Next.
- Name the virtual machine, for instance, type in macOS Big Sur. leave the location as default or you can change as you prefer.
- Lastly, you will get to Specify Disk Capacity section, There you’ve to increase up to 100 GB storage at least. Furthermore, choose the “Store virtual disk as a single disk” and tap on Next.
Step 5: Customize Virtual Machine Settings
Now you have your Virtual machine ready for macOS Big Sur then you will have to customize the virtual machine settings to make it work properly.
- In this step, click on Customize hardware.
- The more you increase the memory it will work better, so you’ve to increase it up to 4GB or 2GB.
- Then increase the number of processors from the left side by clicking on Processor.
- Select New CD/DV (SATA). tap on Browse from the USE ISO Image File section on your screen. Then you will have to insert the macOS Big Sur ISO Image that you already downloaded.
- Click on Close now that you’ve complete the process.
- Click on Finish.
Step 6: Edit VMX File of macOS Big Sur
Your virtual machine is ready and You have successfully customized virtual machine settings. So now you’ve got to Edit VMX File of macOS Big Sur. To find the VMX File, you need to go to Document to Virtual Machine and choose macOS Big Sur.
Once you see the folder open it and right-click on the macOS Big Sur.vmx to open it with Notepad (you can choose other editors if you want to) from options.
Now you don’t need to change anything from the codes. Just copy the following codes that I will provide you below and scroll down and past it to the last line and save it.
smbios.reflectHost = "TRUE"
hw.model = "MacBookPro14,3"
board-id = "Mac-551B86E5744E2388"
smc.version = "0"
Step 7: Start Virtual Machine
In this step, back to VMware and there you need to select your Virtual Machine and tap on Start Button.
- You will see the Apple logo on your screen, then you need to select the Language (English).
- Choose the Disk Utility option then tap on Continue.
- Choose VMware Virtual System to select virtual disk. Then from the top menu, tap on the Erase.
- Tap on Erase after giving a name to the Disk.
- Soon as it erased then you got to quit the disk utility.
- In this step, you will be on Recovery mode and there you need to click on Install macOS. After that, you are going to tap on Continue.
- Again tap on Continue to move on to the next.
- Now you can read the Terms and Conditions of macOS Big Sur. Once you finish reading the Terms and Conditions then click on Agree.
- Now you will get the option of where on your Hard Disk you want your macOS Big Sur to be installed. For instance, you have already erased that hard disk. So you need to select it and tap on Install.
- In this step, your installation should be started. Therefore, you will have to wait until it finishes. Usually, it takes around 30 minutes to install with a couple of restarts. You have to wait and don’t click on anything so that it mess the installation up.
Step 8: Perform Clean Installation of macOS Big Sur on VMware
When you have done everything right then why wait any further. To perform a clean installation of macOS Big Sur on VMware, follow the following down below.
- On the welcome screen, choose the Country you live in and tap on Continue.
- Choose your Keyboard Layout and Continue.
- Don’t forget to Enable the Accessibility on macOS Big Sur in this option. Now You get the Vision, hearing, cognitive, and motor features by enabling them but if you prefer you can disable them by clicking on Not Now.
- You can read the Data & Privacy and click on Continue.
- You can click on Not Now for Migration Assistant Window for now.
- It will be asking for your Apple ID but you can skip it for now. Click on Set Up Later nd Don’t Sign.
- In This step, for Terms & Conditions click on Agree.
- You can fill in your Full Name, Account Name, Password, and Hint. Once it’s done then click on Continue.
- You will be at Express set up now so click on Continue.
- Click on Continue for Analytics screen.
- After that, click on Set Up Later for On-Screen time.
- Click on Continue once you select the theme for your macOS Big Sur.
- Now, wait so it set up your macOS Big Sur on VMware on PC.
That’s everything on Install macOS Big Sur on VMware on Windows 10. This is the full guidance on the installation of macOS Big Sur. However, if you’ve any questions let me know in the comment section.