Sometimes screen resolution plays a big part on a project you are working. It can be a game, watching a video or a new operating system you just installed. Therefore, A bigger screen resolution is needed in some situations. Imagine your screen size is huge but the screen resolution of your operating system is small. In addition, that will be sure, not worth it if you have gone all the way to install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox. Therefore, you would like to have a bigger screen resolution of Catalina on VirtualBox for a better experience of the Mac operating system. Thus to fix this problem for you in this article, I will guide you How to Fix macOS Catalina Screen Resolution on Virtualbox. However, you should fix this problem in the first place. Because once you start working on your VirtualBox you don’t want to lose any files.
The problem of screen resolution is likely to be seen in every virtual machine. After you install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows then you will see that your operating system is not available in full-screen mode. After that, you should fix this problem however like every virtual machine the method to fix this is quite different from other virtualization software. Therefore here I will show you the easiest way to fix this error. Follow these steps to fix macOS Catalina Screen Resolution on Virtualbox.
- How to Install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows
- Download macOS Catalina Virtual Images (VMware and VirtualBox)
- Download macOS Catalina VMDK Files (Virtual Machine Image)
Fix macOS Catalina Screen Resolution on Virtualbox
To fix the error that you are facing after the clean installation. On other virtual machines fixing the screen resolution is easy but in VirtualBox things get complicated. Therefore here are some easy steps to get your full-screen mode working. In this case, make sure to follow these to get the perfect result you have been looking for.
Step 1. Close macOS Catalina on VirtualBox
1. The first task is to close Virtual Machine is if it is running by clicking close option on VirtualBox. If you don’t close it you can’t run full-screen mode, therefore, make sure you don’t skip this.
2. Further, a pop-up appears from VirtualBox asking if you want to shut down Virtual Machine. Therefore choose the third option Power Off Machine and press on Ok.
Step 2. Edit Screen Resolution Key
In this step, you need the screen resolution key single file and edit it according to your VirtualBox settings. Therefore, first, you need to download the macOS Catalina Resolution file.
After that, go ahead open the file in notepad and edit the codes for your Virtual Machine. Now change the “Type Your VM Name here” with your virtual machine name. For instance, my VM name is “macOS Catalina”. Then close the VirtualBox and now we need to apply the macOS Catalina screen resolution codes to command prompt.
Step 3. Apply macOS Catalina Screen Resolution
1. Equally important now you need to add the code to the CMD (Command Prompt). Once everything’s ready to click on the start menu and search for CMD. Then right-click on Command Prompt and run as administrator further apply the code.
2. Once your CMD opens up then bring up your screen resolution key single file. Afterward, copy the first line of the code and paste it into CMD and then Enter.
3. After that, to fix the screen to the maximum 1920×1080 copy the second line and paste in CMD. Finally, your full-screen should have been fixed.
In the same way with this easy method, you have fixed you’ve fixed your macOS Catalina Screen resolution error.
That’s how you can fix your main problem of full-screen error. In this article, I guided you on how to Fix macOS Catalina Screen Resolution on Virtualbox. Therefore, if you want to change to your own favorite screen resolution then you can simply do it from settings. You need to just follow the easy instructions and you will face no problem at all. This was the easiest method I come up with but in future, if a more easy way exists I will let you know. However, if you have any question regarding this topic feel free to ask in the comment. Come visit us again. In fact, It’s time to enjoy full-screen Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows.