Why would you waste your time by moving the mouse to icons to open an application? Here, you can save your precious time by creating keyboard shortcuts. If you are looking to create keyboard shortcuts then you are in the right platform. In this article, I’m going to show you How to Create Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10. As well, you can change any keyboard shortcut. Further, Windows 10 allows you to save maximum time to open any program with a keyboard shortcut. In the modern era of technology shortcut, keys can be a productive effect.
Method 1: Creating Shortcut Key Using Start Menu
In this method, you can create shortcuts for any desktop application in a few clicks. Therefore, follow this step by step to create custom shortcut key in your Windows 10.
1: Click on your Start Menu to open.
2: Now right click on any app you want to create a shortcut for it and if you cannot find the app. However, if you cannot find the app, scroll down and search it in the search box or ask Cortana to find it.
3: Once you find the application right click and select Open File Location. Here you get window location of your application.
4: Now right click on the app and select the Properties.
5. Then select the shortcut tab. under the shortcut tab, you will see the Shortcut Key, press any key from your keyboard and click OK.
Method 2: Creating a Desktop Shortcut
1. First, open Command Prompt by searching cmd in the search box and then right click and Run as administrator, click OK from User Account Control.
2. Here, write explorer shell:AppsFolder next to C:\WINDOWS\system32> as shown in the picture and press Enter button. Then, you will get a new window with all your apps available.
3. Select any application, right click on it and click on Create Shortcut. Then, It will say that Windows cannot create a shortcut here and if you rather want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop instead. Then, click on YES.
4. Go to your Desktop and you will see the app icon there. Then, right-click on the icon and select the Properties.
5. Now select the Shortcut tab and type any key next to the Shortcut key option.
6. Finally, click OK and you just created a shortcut key.
In this post, we learned how to create our own custom keyboard short keys which will be less time-consuming. the first option will be easier than the second option. However, it depends on you which one you want to use. thanks for reading, leave a comment below if you have any question regarding this post.